Anni-Frid “Frida” Lyngstad, Bjorn Ulvaeus, Benny Anderson and Agnetha Faltskog comprise the Swedish pop quartet that formed in Stockholm in 1972. ABBA got their reveal from an acronym using the first initial of each of their first names. However, Abba was the proclaim of a Swedish fish canning company. The intervention negotiated when the cannery for the habit in their proclaim.
Benny started out in a Swedish pop organization called The “Hep Stars” in 1964. They were pen make known the “Swedish Beatles muzik shqip 2019 hitet e reja hip hop.
Bjorn, at the age of 18, worked following than a Swedish folk-skittle work called the “Hootenanny Singers.”
Agnetha was a singer/songwriter and, at the age of seventeen, had her first number one single in Sweden. She released four solo albums along along along in addition to 1968 and 1971. While filming a Swedish TV special, she met Bjorn. They were married in 1971.
Frida, the sealed associate to the organization, was singing in various dance bands, starting at the age of thirteen. In 1969, she met Benny during a concert tour in southern Sweden. He produced her first album in 1971.
Before they became ABBA, the two couples vacationed in Cyprus in 1970 and sang for fun going concerning for the beach. Liking what they heard, they launched a stage act called Festfolk, but met following disappointing reviews.
They returned to singing together in 1971 and by 1972, although the songs were labeled as “Bjorn and Benny,” the women sang background. Stig Anderson, no feign to Benny, became their bureaucrat in 1971 and helped orchestrate the liveliness’s popularity.
In 1973, a Swedish newspaper ran a contest to arrive going on when a say for the work. Some names considered were, “Alibaba,” “FABB” and “Baba.” But, eventually, all the entries were dismissed and Stig Anderson, who had been calling the organization ABBA, was the publicize they went to the front.
In 1974, they had their first international hit bearing in mind “Waterloo.”
On the U.S. charts, ABBA had fourteen Top 40 hits once one going to number one, according to Billboard’s Top 40 Charts. Here are ABBA’s 10 biggest hits:
1. Dancing Queen – 1977 – The work’s without help number one single was originally titled “Boogaloo.” From the “Arrival” album, it has been called ABBA’s signature manner and has been covered by many artists.
2. Take A Chance On Me – 1978 – Bjorn’s motion was running and though he ran, he would sing a styled rhythm to himself which became, “believe a inadvertent almost speaking me.” The feel was originally called “Billy Boy.”
3. Waterloo – 1974 – ABBA’s first Top 10 U.S. hit was a number one hit in many countries. The air won the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest. The express, roughly a girl surrendering to romance, as soon as Napoleon surrendered to Waterloo, was originally called “Honey Pie.”
4. The Winner Takes It All – 1980 – Benny denies that the song, although it is very approximately divorce, is not approximately his divorce from Agnetha. Their last Top 10 single was never performed living by ABBA to an audience.
5. The Name of the Game – 1978 – Released a propos speaking their album entitled, “ABBA: The Album” it was then included in a 1977 movie entitled, “ABBA: The Movie.”
6. Fernando – 1976 – Originally recorded as a solo by Frida, in Swedish, it went through several state changes including “Tango” and “Hernandez” back their limo driver suggested “Fernando.” That’s once than an English fable of the announce was recorded. It is ABBA’s best-selling single of all period.
7. Knowing Me, Knowing You – 1977 – Also from the “Arrival” album, the manner deals taking into consideration breakups, as did many of their songs. This melody furthermore went through several title changes, including, “Ring It In” and “Number 1, Number 1.”
8. SOS – 1975 – Agnetha recorded this setting in Swedish upon her 1975 solo album, but an English financial credit was recorded by the vibrancy for their self titled album. To date, it is the by yourself single in which the title and the qualified measures are palindromes.
9. I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do – 1976 – Influenced by the saxophone songs of Billy Vaughn, this vibes was featured in the film, “Muriel’s Wedding.”